Friday, July 3, 2009

Indulge Fridays

I love baking, I find it relaxing. So I often look for reasons to bake - birthdays, holidays, TGIF, etc. So I was pretty stoked that we were heading to a friend's place for dinner. Gave me a perfect excuse to make a dessert. I didn't want to go to the grocery store so decided to make something using stuff I already had in my pantry.


End result - Chocolate Raspberry Cream torte. Its not the prettiest cake but its perfectly light and not too sweet. The cake itself contains no flour so you can argue that its low carb [kindasortanotreally].
For my mom's 60th birthday a couple years ago, I made a triple sized version of this cake and iced it with a whipped chocolate ganache.



If you're interested in the recipe, let me know...

Note: Dinner w/ friends ended up being canceled. Oh well, more cake for me!

3 comments:

  1. chocolate raspberry torte?!?! what the....recipe please!! (forget that can you just bring it to vegas, pls?) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate Raspberry Cream torte <-- I WANT!

    ReplyDelete